Latest posts by Cyrille Modiano (see all)
- Renaming a RAC cluster - 27/09/2018
- Stop/Start all RAC databases at once - 26/09/2018
- RMAN Backup script - 08/11/2017
EM Database Express
- The old Enterprise Manager database control is replaced by Enterprise Manager database express in Oracle 12c.
- It contains only basic administration capabilities as the advanced ones are included in Enterprise Manager cloud control
- With EM database Express you can manage Security (Users, roles, profiles), Configuration (Instance Parameters, memory, database features), Storage (tablespaces, undo, redo, archive logs, control files), Performance.
- Enterprise Manager needs the XML DB component.
- You can configure the port used by EM database Express using : exec DBMS_XDB_CONFIG.setHTTPsPort(5500);
- You can get the port configured for EM database Express using : select DBMS_XDB_CONFIG.getHTTPsPort from dual;
- The EM_EXPRESS_BASIC (read-only role) and EM_EXPRESS_ALL (access all functionnalities) roles can be used to grant access to EM Database Express to non-administrative users.
- You can’t start or stop your DB with EM database express, this means that you database is accessible through EM database express only when you opened it.
- Listener should be up and running for access to EM Express being possible.
- Alternative for performing some DBA admin tasks is the DBA tab of SQLDeveloper
2 thoughts on “OCP 12C – Enterprise Manager and Other Tools”
Great Blog !
I would add to the ‘OCP 12C – Enterprise Manager and Other Tools’ the remarks :
– Listener should be up and running for access to EM Express being possible
– Alternative for performing some DBA admin tasks is the DBA tab of SQLDeveloper
Thank you very much for reading my blog, I added your input to the original article.